Ronda Rousey's first defense of her Strikeforce bantamweight championship will come in August, according to a report by MMAFighting.com. Rousey will take on Sarah Kaufman.
The card is not yet finalized, with no location or an exact date not yet known. The next Strikeforce card is scheduled for May 19.
Rousey (5-0) defeated Miesha Tate with a nasty armbar submission earlier this year to claim the title. The former Olympian has won her five MMA fights in a combined time of just over seven minutes.
Kaufman (15-1) became the top contender for the belt when he defeated Alexis Davis the same night as Rousey-Tate. She has won three straight fights since a loss to Marloes Coenen for the belt in 2010.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Benson Henderson's First Title Defense Set For UFC 150 Against Frankie Edgar
- Urijah Faber To Compete For UFC Interim Bantamweight Title
- Nephew Of Anderson Silva To Compete Saturday At "Lion Fight Muay Thai VI"
- Papy Abedi Will Seek First UFC Win Vs. Rick Story At "UFC On FX 4"
- Gilbert Melendez "Coming For All The 55-Pounders" Regardless Of Promotion
- Another Week, Another Interesting Tim Kennedy Video
- Siyar Bahadurzada In For Yoshihiro Akiyama To Face Thiago Alves At "UFC 149"
- Team Cruz Wants UFC Bantamweight Champ To Remain On "TUF: Live"
- Lineup Finalized For Bellator 69 Next Friday
- UFC On Fox Ratings Suffer Steep Decline
- Sarah Kaufman Will Challenge Ronda Rousey In August
- Report States No MMA Coming To New York This Year
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.