Olympic silver medalist Sara McMann has signed a multi-fight contract with Strikeforce, according to a report by MMAjunkie.com. McMann is a perfect 6-0 in her professional MMA career.
McMann captured Olympic silver in 2004 competing in the 63 kilograms freestyle wrestling tournament. The 31-year-old is considered one of the top female fighters in the world.
"I am saddened not to be fighting in the first Invicta FC bantamweight title fight," McMann said. "I am not sure how long my MMA career will last and, with the time I have left in the sport, I need to take every opportunity that comes my way to fight the best competition out there. This move is part of a bigger picture for me."
McMann last fought for Invicta FC, defeating Shayna Baszler via decision. It is possible that McMann competes in November at Strikeforce: Cormier vs. Mir.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- UFC Boss Has "No Regrets" Over Cancelling UFC 151
- Lyoto Machida's Decision To Pass On Title Shot Moves Him Down The Line
- Foot Injury Could Keep Mark Munoz Sidelined For Over A Year
- Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Vs. Anderson Silva In The Plans
- Teams For The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Announced
- Odds Of Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza Fighting In November Looking Slim
- Tyson Nam, Bellator Contract Dispute Continues
- Video: Full Trailer For MMA-Inspired Film "Here Comes The Boom"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.