Former UFC champion Royce Gracie made an interesting remark on Wednesday following news of Shane Carwin's knee injury. Carwin was forced to pull out of a planned fight with Roy Nelson at The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale in December with the injury.
"So much for the claims (Nelson) was trying to get out of the fight with (Carwin)," Gracie posted, "guess that random test (expletive) up the cycle and 'blew out the knee.'"
Gracie is claiming that Carwin would have failed a pre-fight drug test for a banned substance had he went ahead with the bout. This is all just Gracie stating his own opinion, but Carwin and Nelson had several arguments over such claims before they began coaching on The Ultimate Fighter.
Nelson is expected to remain on the card, as the UFC has said they are searching for a replacement.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Gray Maynard Headed For Surgery With Torn Ligaments
- Shane Carwin Tore Just About Every Ligament In His Knee, Says His Manager
- Mark Hominick Knows His Back Is Up Against A Wall At UFC 154
- The Ultimate Fighter Moving To Wednesday Nights In 2013
- Royce Gracie Makes Claims Against Shane Carwin Following Fight Withdrawl
- Shane Carwin Out With Knee Injury, UFC Seeking Opponent For Roy Nelson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.