Roy Nelson (18-7) is hungry for competition, and said that he is hopeful to face Pat Barry (8-5) next.
"If Pat wants to, I'll fight Pat," said Nelson on The MMA Hour. "But I talked to Pat, and he said he doesn't want to fight for a while. He wants a vacation... I'm the kind of guy who likes to work."
Both men are coming off knockout victories at Saturday's The Ultimate Fighter Finale 16. Barry needed less than 30 seconds in the second round to stop Shane Del Rosario, while Nelson needed less than three minutes in the opening round to defeat Matt Mitrione.
If Barry does want time off, Nelson didn't seem too worried about who the UFC puts in front him.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"Whoever's on the UFC roster," said Nelson.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline