Roy Nelson's head must be spinning from the constant shuffling of fighters to face him at UFC 146 later this month. Late Tuesday night, the UFC announced Gabriel Gonzaga has withdrawn from a planned bout with Nelson, leaving Dave Herman to step in.
Also, Evan Dunham has been forced out of a match up with Edson Barboza, so the UFC resigned Jamie Varner to face Barboza. The card takes place May 26 from Las Vegas.
Nelson was originally set to face Antonio Silva, but issues with the main event fight caused that to be changed to Gonzaga. Now, "Big Country" gets Herman (21-3), who lost to Stefan Struve in his last fight.
Varner (19-6-1) is a veteran of both the UFC and WEC. He has won two straight while competing in the XFC.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Video: Daniel Cormier, 'I Am A Fighter'
- Ryan Jimmo Vs. Anthony Perosh On For UFC 149
- Video: Wanderlei Silva's UFC 147 Vlog, Episode 2
- 'UFC Primetime' Back On FX For UFC 146
- Dana White: Nate Diaz, Not Jim Miller, Up For Title Shot
- UFC Donates UFC 149 Prize Package To Canadian Children's Charity
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Not Leaving Friday Nights, Says FX Executive
- "Ultimate Fighter" Winner Ross Pearson Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI
- Roy Nelson, Edson Barboza Given New Fights For "UFC 146"
- Video: Dana White's UFC On FOX 3 Vlog, Episode Two
- Jon Jones Just Wants Hendo To Keep It Classy
- Video: Quick UFC 146 Promo
- Francisco Rivera Steps In To Face Alex Soto At UFC On FUEL TV 3
- Nevada Responds To Nick Diaz's Lawsuit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.