With B.J. Penn's (16-9-2) future is in doubt, Rory MacDonald (14-1) has thrown his two cents in if the former multi division champion should call it quits. MacDonald handed Penn his most recent defeat after coming back from a yearlong retirement.
"I think he has to do what's best for him and his family," said MacDonald to TATAME. "If he cannot fight with the same vigor as before, I think he should not continue fighting, but this is a decision that is only up to him."
MacDonald destroyed Penn at UFC on FOX 5 to secure the decision win. The loss made Penn 4-1 since 2010. He is on a two fight losing streak and a draw. His last win was in 2010 against UFC hall of famer Matt Hughes (45-9).
Dana White has said he hopes Penn retires, but it was his choice. Penn has not made any statements about his future.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.