UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre brought in Dan Hardy to help prepare him for his upcoming title fight with Carlos Condit at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit. However, he isn't ignoring another highly-ranked welterweight that trains at Tristar gym, either.
St-Pierre confirmed during a recent conference call that he is working out with Rory MacDonald at the Canadian gym. MacDonald is putting in time for his upcoming fight with BJ Penn at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz in December.
"I just finished training together (with MacDonald)," St-Pierre said. "We both have fights pretty close, so we can get ready together. He is a good training partner."
Many have called MacDonald a future champion in the 170-pound division. His lone career loss came to Condit back in 2010 in his second UFC appearance.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
GSP will be fighting for the first time in well over a year, as knee surgery kept him on the sidelines. He defeated Jake Shields in early 2011 in his last bout.
- UFC Offering Eight Free Fights Featuring GSP, Carlos Condit
- Nate Marquardt-Tarec Saffiedine Planned For Strikeforce In January
- Eddie Mendez Inks Deal With UFC
- GSP Working With Rory MacDonald For Upcoming Fight
- Carlos Condit Embraces Role Of Underdog For UFC 154
- Video: "In Focus: Franklin Vs. Le"
- Strikeforce To Return January 12, Luke Rockhold-Lorenz Larkin Scheduled
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.