Rory MacDonald (13-1) may have an upcoming fight, but he's looking ahead towards a potential matchup with Erick Silva (14-3-1).
"I've watched some of his fights and he's a very good fighter," said MacDonald to ESPN. "Me and him will be matched up down the road for sure."
Before MacDonald can do anything, he has former champion B.J. Penn (16-8-2) to still deal with. The two are set to meet on December 8 at UFC on FOX 5 on the main card.
Their original encounter was set for September before MacDonald suffered a serious cut above his eye and required many stitches.
MacDonald has one loss to his name and is on a three fight win streak in the UFC. Silva is 2-1 this year, coming off a loss in October. Penn makes his return after a 13 month hiatus.
Age plays a factor to MacDonald, who pointed out that Silva is still young at 28. MacDonald is 23.
"It's inevitable, he's one of the top guys," said MacDonald. "If he's around and I'm around, I'm sure that fight will happen. I'm here to fight the best."
- Lavar Johnson Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 5 Fight With Brendan Schaub
- Bellator 82 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Finals Made Official
- UFC "Road To The Octagon" Debuts This Sunday
- Ronaldo Souza-Lorenz Larkin Booked For Strikeforce: Champions
- Frank Shamrock: Bas Rutten Put Me On The Map
- Next ONE FC Event Announced
- Heather Clark Ready For The Big Leagues
- Chris Weidman Updates Status Post-Surgery
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.