Ronda Rousey will return to the cage on August 18 to defend her Strikeforce bantamweight title against Sarah Kaufman, according to a report by Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com. The card will take place in San Diego, California, with Strikeforce officials expected to make the announcement official in the coming weeks.
Rousey (5-0) captured the title with a submission victory over Miesha Tate earlier this year. Her five career MMA victories have come in just over seven minutes combined.
Kaufman (15-1) defeated Alexis Davis on the same card in which Rousey downed Tate to secure her status as the No. 1 contender in the division. She has won three straight since dropping the title to Marloes Coenen in 2010.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Ronda Rousey's First Title Defense To Take Place August 18
- Dana White Confirms Anderson Silva Still A Go For Chael Sonnen Fight
- UFC Middleweight Aids Two Victims In Swarm Attack
- BJ Penn Talks Reason For Taking Rory MacDonald Fight
- Jorge Masvidal Vs. Justin Wilcox, Ryan Couture Vs. Joe Duarte Added To July Strikeforce Card
- Jared Papazian Promises To "Come To Fight" Dustin Pague Tomorrow Night
- Gilbert Melendez Content With Strikeforce/Showtime
- Demetrious Johnson “Glad” To Get Rematch With Ian McCall
- Randy Couture No Proponent For TRT