In an interesting turn, the celebrity gossip site TMZ is reporting that Ronda Rousey is headed for the UFC and that Strikeforce if finished after a January card. The report went up late Thursday evening, though no sources were credited with any of the information.
Reports of the end of Strikeforce have heated up in recent months, especially after the promotion cancelled a pair of events. However, three title matches and a bout featuring Daniel Cormier have all been announced for a January 12 card.
TMZ named Sara McMann, Cris Cyborg and Miesha Tate as possible opponents for Rousey, who will become the UFC 135-pound women's champion upon entering the Octagon. She is currently the Strikeforce women's champion.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- UFC Offering Eight Free Fights Featuring GSP, Carlos Condit
- Nate Marquardt-Tarec Saffiedine Planned For Strikeforce In January
- Eddie Mendez Inks Deal With UFC
- GSP Working With Rory MacDonald For Upcoming Fight
- Carlos Condit Embraces Role Of Underdog For UFC 154
- Video: "In Focus: Franklin Vs. Le"
- Strikeforce To Return January 12, Luke Rockhold-Lorenz Larkin Scheduled
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.