Strikeforce bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey appeared on ESPN's SportsCenter Friday afternoon and was asked the question that has been on the mind of everybody in MMA: how would you handle the Jon Jones situation from this week?
Rousey, who has exchanged message on Twitter with Jones before, said she hasn't talked with him personally since the whole situation went down on Thursday.
"I like Jon Jones and I don't know the whole situation," Rousey said. "If it was me, (though), if Dana (White) called me right now and said we need you to go fight Cris Cyborg with a 40-pound weight deficit, I would say, 'Can I be there in 10 minutes to stretch?' I would just do it."
Rousey has been calling for Cyborg, the former Strikeforce featherweight champion, to come down to 135 pounds and meet her when her suspension is over. Cyborg is currently suspended until late in 2012, and has already stated she cannot physically drop down to 135.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"She was caught doing steroids, so I don't really think it's unreasonable for me to expect she would lose weight when not doing steroids," Rousey said. "She disgraced her sport and country by cheating. I don't think I have to (move to 145 to fight). I don't need to do that."
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.