Even though Rich Clementi (44-21-1) is fighting the undefeated Alexander Sarnavskiy (20-0) in the upcoming Bellator tournament, he is prepared to place the first blemish on the fighter's record.
"This isn't going to be the first time I've dethroned an undefeated fighter with a lot of hype around him," said Clementi on MMA Junkie.
Clementi made his UFC debut in 2003 and was responsible for handing several fighters their first loss.
"Alexander Sarnavskiy's undefeated record doesn't mean much to me," he said. "I've made a career out of this. I handed Anthony Johnson his first loss, handed Terry Etim his first loss, and the list goes on. I love it."
Sarnavskiy will be making his Bellator debut in the fight. Most of his fights have taken place in his home country of Russia and he enters coming off two wins this year. Clementi will be making his third Bellator appearance, where he is 1-1 under the company's name. He walks in on a two fight win streak that he started this year.
The two will meet in the opening-round of the Season 7 lightweight tournament at Bellator 77. It airs this Friday, October 19, on MTV2.
- Rashad Evans Discusses Chael Sonnen-Jon Jones Bout
- Kenny Florian: UFC Sending Message To "Step Up" By Giving Sonnen Fight
- Dana White Wants Cowboy Stadium As Soon As Fight Can Be Made
- Eddie Alvarez Opens Up About His Future
- MFC Promoter Mark Pavelich Has An Issue With Female MMA
- Jeremy Stephens Released From Jail, Issues Statement
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.