Bellator Fighting Championship has branched out and grabbed former UFC and Strikeforce fighter Renato "Babalu" Sobral. According to Bellator, Sobral will compete in an upcoming light heavyweight tournament in 2013 when the company debuts on Spike TV.
"'Babalu' is an awesome addition to the Bellator family," said Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney. "He's beaten some of the greatest fighters in the sport, and poses a tremendous threat to every fighter in our light heavyweight division."
Sobral said, "I'm really happy to be a part of the Bellator family." He carries an overall record of 37-9, including a win over Tatsuya Mizuno while competing for ONE FC earlier this year.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.