Sports

Rashad Evans Opens Up About Turning Down Glover Teixeira Fight

| by

Rashad Evans has not competed inside the Octagon since a loss earlier this year to UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. And, despite some rumblings that "Suga" might move down to middleweight, it appears that 205 pounds is his home for now.

Evans, however, was asked to return this October against Glover Teixeira after Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was forced out of the bout. Evans explained his decision to turn down the fight on Fuel TV Saturday.

"They offered me a fight, but it was against Glover Teixeira and I only had three weeks to fight and I haven't been training," Evans said. "I was like, 'No way, not with that notice in Brazil."

Evans confirmed what UFC president Dana White said earlier in the week, adding, "I'm thinking maybe January or February. I will fight anybody. I want to get a fight at light heavyweight."

Popular Video

A police officer saw a young black couple drive by and pulled them over. What he did next left them stunned:

Popular Video

A police officer saw a young black couple drive by and pulled them over. What he did next left them stunned:

White had mentioned that Evans could be planed on the stacked UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez card, but it appears that Evans prefers 2013 to the end of this year for his next bout.

Related Content

Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.