"I'm positive we will fight again at 205 [pounds], maybe in a year or so, but we'll fight again," said Evans on MMA Weekly.
The two previously met at UFC 145, where Jones successfully defended his light heavyweight championship with a unanimous decision victory.
Jones returns to action later this month and Evans hasn't fought since the loss. In the meantime, Evans has been helping train Jones' next challenger Vitor Belfort (21-9).
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Jorge Masvidal-Bobby Green On Target For November Strikeforce Card
- Jon Jones Admits He Was "Black Sheep" Of Jones Family
- Gilbert Melendez, Pat Healy Feel Strikeforce Lightweight Division Is Tough
- Jens Pulver Signs On For Another ONE FC Fight
- Derek Brunson, Jay Silva Attend TUF 17 Tryouts
- Legacy FC 15 To Feature Title Fight, Robert Drysdale
- TUF: The Smashes Available For Online Viewing
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline