A confident Rashad Evans broke down the keys to victory against Jon Jones one last time before he steps into the Octagon for the light heavyweight championship at UFC 145 tonight. You can expect the takedowns, but "Suga" says you can't count out his knockout power either.
"It's definitely being overlooked in this fight," said Evans of his striking. "I think people don't really see me for everything that I can do and they just see me as eking out wins or whatever the case may be. But they do definitely forget that I have the devastating power to finish fights."
Much has been made of "Rashad 2.0" as Evans has worked hard to transform his game after losing the belt to Lyoto Machida at UFC 98. Four victories later, Evans said he's retooled his game and promises to take Jones out early.
"Jon Jones is going down in round two. Jon Jones can't whoop me, no one can whoop me," said Evans, doing his best "Ali" impersonation.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"There's a lot that Jon Jones hasn't seen about me. When it comes down to it, you can't be the same fighter in this game. You constantly have to evolve and if you're not evolving you're getting passed over so I try and evolve my game all the time."
Pegged an underdog by many, Evans believes his experience besting Jones in training will help him pull off the upset. Yet, as much as Evans has retooled his game, Jones skills have improved exponential between each fight. The question will not be who has changed the most, but who has changed for the better.
"Getting the belt back has been something I really prize and I really want just because of the fact that it's something that I didn't get to hold that long and I didn't really get to hold the belt the way I wanted to," Evans explained.
He will get his chance tonight when the UFC main card kicks off at 10PM ET from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Jon Jones: “Anywhere The Fight Will Go, I’ll Be Stronger And Hungrier”
- It’s Payback: Rashad Evans Predicts 2nd Round Victory
- Quick Shots: Nick Diaz Seminar, Chael Sonnen On Fight Day This Afternoon, Ranallo Note
- Video: Third And Final Episode Of "UFC 145 Primetime"
- MMA Link Club: Couture On Evans-Jones, UFC 145, Velasquez Open To Random Drug Testing
- Report: UFC 147 Headed To New City In Brazil; Sonnen-Silva 2 To Las Vegas, UFC 148
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Is Sold Out
- Bellator 66 Results: Alvarez Avenges Loss To Aoki
- Frank Mir Replaces Alistair Overeem At UFC 146 In Title Match With Junior Dos Santos
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Episode Seven Recap
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Preview And Predictions
- Rashad Evans Reminds Jon Jones Not To Look Past Saturday Night
- Check Out Rebellion Radio This Sunday Evening
- Video: "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Weigh-Ins
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Weigh-In Results
- Reminder: TUF: Live, Episode 7 Coverage Tonight
- Video: Bellator 66 Weigh-In Highlights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.