Former UFC champion Randy Couture returned to his role from The Expendables for the sequel, which hit theaters this past weekend. The Expendables 2 opened with a gross of $28.7 million, debuting in the top spot, according to movie site ComingSoon.net.
Couture, who retired from fighting after a knockout loss to Lyoto Machida, was also part of the first movie which racked up $35 million over its opening weekend in 2010.
Along with Couture, the movie stars such notables as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren and Chuck Norris. Couture's character in the movie is called Toll Road.
Former interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira also made a cameo in the first movie as a bodyguard alongside his twin brother, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
- Tito Ortiz Launches Sports Management Agency
- Wagner Prado Cleared, Hopes For Quick Rematch With Phil Davis
- Jose Aldo Says He Will "Shut Off" Frankie Edgar If They Meet
- Mark Bocek-Rafael Dos Anjos Set For UFC 154
- Randy Couture Helps The Expendables 2 Bring In Nearly $29 Million
- Liz Carmouche Offers Up Her Services To Face Ronda Rousey
- Joe Lauzon-Gray Maynard Added To Year-End UFC 155 Card
- Former NFL Player Turned MMA Fighter Herschel Walker On The Competition Difference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.