Former UFC champion Randy Couture appeared on Spike TV's MMA Uncensored Live recently and was asked his take on Strikeforce. Couture is an interested observer of the promotion as his son, Ryan, is currently in the lightweight division.
Most have felt that it is only a matter of time before Strikeforce is completely absorbed by the UFC and folded. Strikeforce has cancelled each of its last two events, sparking more rumors of the end coming soon.
Couture added that the Showtime-Strikeforce contract is up this year, so he feels that early in 2013 a decision will be made and "you'll see something happen."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
As for his son, "The Natural" said that is entirely up to him what happens. Ryan is 5-1 with three straight wins.
"It's really Ryan's decision," Couture said. "They're not gonna do any favors in the UFC. Ryan's right there, knocking on the door with the level of competition (the UFC has to offer at 155). He can do whatever he wants."
- Vinny Magalhães Training Chael Sonnen To Submit Jon Jones
- New Beginning For Tyson Griffin With A Change Of Camps
- Rafaello Tractor’s Hand Injury To Keep Him Out Of Action For The Remainder Of 2012
- Cung Le Not Retiring After Rich Franklin Fight
- Junior Dos Santos May Go For The Submission Win Against Cain Velasquez
- Stefan Struve Names Potential Fights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.