Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is letting it be known that he is fighting Glover Teixeira. The two will square off on January 26 at UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson from Chicago.
"Outside the cage I hate no one," Jackson posted on Twitter. "Life is too short for that. Inside the cage my job is to destroy! Glover is done on Jan. 26 in Chicago."
The two were scheduled to meet in October, but an injury forced Jackson out of the bout. Teixeira went on to defeat Fabio Maldonado for his second UFC victory.
Jackson (32-10) is coming off a pair of defeats at the hands of UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Ryan Bader. This match would fulfill his UFC contract, and he has expressed interest in becoming a free agent.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Teixeira (19-2) remarked following the Maldonado victory that he was open to having the match with Jackson rescheduled if a motivated "Rampage" was planning on showing up.
The UFC has yet to confirm the Jackson-Teixeira bout, though they did recently add UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson and Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis to the card.
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Says He's Fighting Glover Teixeira At UFC On Fox 6
- TJ Grant-Matt Wiman Official For UFC On Fox 6
- Video: Dana White Returns With A Video Blog
- Anderson Silva To Attend UFC 154, Rumors Of GSP Call-Out Begin
- Demetrious Johnson-John Dodson Set For UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 81 Set With Season Seven Lightweight Semis
- One Year Suspension For Stephan Bonnar Following Failed Drug Test
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.