Kyle Kingsbury left England with a loss and some serious injuries. Kingsbury was defeated by Jimi Manuwa Saturday night at UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic.
The fight was stopped after Kingsbury could no longer see out of his left eye. However, the post-fight tests conducted by the doctor confirmed more damage than that.
— Kyle Kingsbury (@Kingsbu) September 29, 2012
Manuwa, who was making his UFC debut, wrote on Twitter to Kingsbury, "Respect to my opponent. Very good fight sir. Hope u heal up well mate."
Kingsbury later responded, posting, "Much respect to you as well (Manuwa). You hit harder than I could have expected. The fractures in my face don't lie best of luck to you."
Follow FightLine.com on Twitter by clicking the "Follow" button below:
- Video: Bellator 74 Highlights Feature Welterweight Tourney Openers
- Ex-WWE Superstar Dave Bautista Has Opponent For Saturday
- Travis Browne Is A Fighter, Not A Talker
- Jeremy Stephens Changes His Lifestyle
- TUF: Brazil 2 Confirmed For 2013
- Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias Added To UFC On FX 6
- Danielle West Steps In For Injured Julia Budd
- Two Legacy FC Shows Gain New Fights
- "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Results And Live Coverage On Friday
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.