Phil Davis knows what it feels like to suffer your first career loss inside the Octagon. Saturday night, Davis let Wagner Prado experience that feeling, submitting the Brazilian in the second round at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar.
After nearly securing a finish, Davis locked in an anaconda choke and earned the quick tap from Prado. "Mr. Wonderful" and Prado fought earlier this year, with the bout ending in a no-contest due to an eye poke by Davis.
Davis (10-1) lost for the first time to former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans back in January. He said the anaconda choke is one of his "high percentage moves," as it also earned him a submission win over fellow contender Alexander Gustafsson.
Prado is now 8-1 in his career.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
In his UFC career, Davis now owns wins over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Tim Boetsch, Brian Stann and Gustafsson.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.