Phil Davis and Vinny Magalhaes have been going back-and-forth via Twitter recently, with Magalhaes pushing for a match between the two in early 2013.
However, Davis has let it be known that the bout would have to take place later in the year due to a prior family commitment, but it appears "Mr. Wonderful" was willing to face Magalhaes at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II this month.
Davis' original opponent, Forrest Griffin, was forced out of the co-main event slot with a knee injury. Davis agreed to meet Magalhaes, a former runner-up on The Ultimate Fighter, but the Brazilian turned down the fight on short notice.
"Ur wasting my time, u didn't want to fight on one of the biggest fight cards of the year co main, but I'm the one ducking you?" Davis wrote on Twitter late Friday night.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Magalhaes responded to the post, saying, "so does that mean that you'll stop ducking me and you will take the fight on February 23 (at UFC 157)?"
- Georges St-Pierre Not Thinking About Retirement At All Right Now
- TUF Winner Colton Smith Targets Potential Move To Lightweight
- Jamie Varner Disappointed He Didn't Get To Face Melvin Guillard This Weekend
- Daniel Cormier To Join Fuel TV Coverage For UFC 155
- Ryan Couture Wonders If The UFC Wants Him On Their Roster
- Andrei Arlovski Returns To Russia For The First Time In A Decade
- GSP Credits Benson Henderson With Blueprint To Defeating A Diaz Brother
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.