Cote (17-7) is 4-7 in his UFC career. He was the No. 1 contender, falling to Anderson Silva in a bout for the UFC middleweight title at UFC 90 when he blew out his knee in the third round. Following losses to Alan Belcher and Tom Lawlor, Cote was released.
Since that time, however, Cote has won four consecutive fights, three of which have come over ex-UFC fighters. Le (7-2) is 0-1 in his UFC career, falling to Wanderlei Silva.
Franklin was recently announced as the replacement fighter for Vitor Belfort against Silva. Belfort broke his hand in training and was forced out.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Patrick Cote Replaces Rich Franklin In Fight Vs. Cung Le At "UFC 148"
- Roy “Big Country” Nelson Would Love To Welcome Brock Lesnar Back To UFC
- Dominick Cruz Discusses Knee Injury, TUF Experience, Faber-Barao
- Wagner Prado To Face Phil Davis In Griggs' Place
- Rick Story Facing New Opponent... Again
- More Details From Arianny Celeste's Domestic Violence Case (With Mugshots)
- Rousimar Palhares Says He Was Sick During Alan Belcher Fight
- Video: Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons Calls Out "Wussy Liar" Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.