It wasn't the way Patrick Cote wanted to win, but the Canadian did get his hand raised Saturday night in the main prelim bout at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit.
After getting caught with a pair of nasty elbows by Alessio Sakara, the bout was called following several shots by Sakara to the back of Cote's head. At first, it appeared to be a TKO victory for Sakara, but the ref made the decision to award the former UFC middleweight contender the disqualification victory.
"I was expecting a war. I wanted a real war to give to the fans," Cote said. "If he wants to fight me again, I'll take it."
Cote returned to the UFC earlier this year, falling by decision to Cung Le back in July. He is now 19-8 in his MMA career.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
For Sakara (15-10), this was a third consecutive Octagon defeat. However, due to the nature of the contest, it will be interesting to see if he is released from the promotion.
- Cyborg Knew Females Would Make It To The UFC Roster
- Dan Severn’s Retirement Plan Remains The Same
- Carlos Condit Promises To Improve, Return After UFC 154 Loss
- Dana White Reiterates Plans To Make GSP-Anderson Silva Happen
- Jake Ellenberger Pleads For Match With Johny Hendricks
- Nick Diaz "Not Impressed" By GSP's Performance At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.