Pat Healy has waited for his shot at the Strikeforce lightweight title, winning matches and improving with each day. Finally, it appeared that Healy would be rewarded, as he was scheduled to face Gilbert Melendez this Saturday night at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy.
However, a training injury has knocked "El Nino" out of the planned fight, leaving Healy still without a title shot.
"Sorry everyone I just found out," Healy wrote on Twitter after news of the cancellation of the entire card was made known. "I'm more devastated then you can imagine."
Strikeforce decided to scrap the whole card after Showtime said they would not air it Saturday night without Melendez in the main event defending his title.
"Melendez is a class act, hit me up and apologized (Sunday) night," Healy wrote. "Everyone's upset but that's not where the blame should go."
- Stitch Duran Claims Charles Oliveira Suffered Injury Before UFC 152 Fight
- Showtime Issues Statement In Regards To Cancellation
- More Taunting From Chael Sonnen Towards Jon Jones
- TJ Grant Finds New Home As A Lightweight
- UFC 152 Injury Report Includes Jon Jones
- Daniel Cormier On UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones
- Shoulder Injury Derailed Gilbert Melendez-Pat Healy Fight
- Brett Rogers Has A New Home With American Top Team
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.