It appears there was some confusion over the status of Shinya Aoki and ONE Fighting Championships, the booming promotion out of Asia. After earlier reports had Aoki being taken off the August card and placed on the October one, it now appears he will fight at each event.
ONE FC 5: Pride of a Nation takes place later this month, and Aoki will be part of it. The card goes down August 31 and will be available via stream. An opponent for Aoki (30-6), however is still unknown.
In October, Aoki will face Arnaud Lepont at ONE FC 6: Rise of the Kings. That card is also expected to feature three title bouts.
Aoki recently had his seven-fight win streak snapped with a TKO defeat at the hands of Eddie Alvarez in Bellator. His last loss prior to that came via decision against Gilbert Melendez in Strikeforce.
- Mark Hominick Knows His Career Is On The Line At UFC 154
- Randy Couture On His Son Following In His Footsteps
- Series Of Interesting Messages From Jason "Mayhem" Miller Posted On Twitter
- XFC 20 Finalized With A Main Event Of Eric Reynolds Vs. Danny Salinas
- Dan Henderson Wants To Leave No Doubt By Winning All Five Rounds Or Knocking Jon Jones Out
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Many Fighters
- Tito Ortiz Says He Created UFC Light Heavyweight Division’s Weight Limit
- Video: Highlights From Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Title Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.