Yesterday, the UFC officially announced the four-fight main card for UFC on Fox 3, which will take place this May. Headlining the twelve-fight lineup will be top lightweights Nate Diaz and Jim Miller, with supporting main card bouts in the heavyweight, welterweight and middleweight divisions.
"For our third card on Fox, we have four great fights," UFC President Dana White says. "Nate Diaz versus Jim Miller is the five-round main event and the winner will put himself in a position to fight for the title. Both of these guys fight at an incredible pace and are coming off great wins.
"We've got an amazing heavyweight fight between knockout artists Pat Barry and Lavar Johnson, as well as welterweight title contender fight between Josh Koscheck and Johny Hendricks. Johny just knocked out Koscheck's training partner, Jon Fitch, and wants a title shot. To do it, he's gotta get past Koscheck, who's one of the best 170-pounders in the world. If that wasn't enough, submission specialist Rousimar Palhares meets Alan Belcher in an exciting middleweight fight. I'm excited for fans in N.J. and N.Y. to experience the UFC live again."
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Sees Rampage Rematch As Inevitable
- Video: Miesha Tate And Ronda Rousey's Greatest Hits
- Kimbo Slice To Host "The Ultimate Fighter Fridays"
- Demetrious Johnson Anticipating Title Fight Against Joe Benavidez
- Faber To Cruz: You're Welcome, Dominick, For Letting You Live
- Michael Bisping Eyeing Silva-Sonnen 2 Winner
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.