Nik Lentz (22-5-2-1 NC) thinks that his move to the featherweight division means that a shot at UFC Featherweight Champion José Aldo (21-1) isn't far away.
"I think I match up great against him," said Lentz. "I think that he's never faced a grappler like me. I honestly think that there's no 145 pound [fighter who] has the same strength as me, as far as grappling and just pure strength.
Though Lentz is excited about a possible championship shot, he knows he'll need to win a few more fights.
"There's going to be a big difference strength-wise between me and the rest of the 145 pound world," said Lentz. "So I think we match up great. He's definitely a freak athlete. All his shots have a lot of power in them. It's going to be an insanely hard fight once I get to that point. But you can't really look down the road too much, I have to win a lot more fights before I get to fight him, and by then who knows who's going to be the champion, you know? I don't think he's as unbeatable as people think he is."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
After Lentz lost two fights in a row at lightweight, he won in his featherweight debut at UFC 150
Whoever is Lentz's next challenger, he's ready.
"So as far as who I want to fight, I think I can beat anyone in the world, so whoever they pick for me that's who I fight," said Lentz.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Mark Hominick Knows His Career Is On The Line At UFC 154
- Randy Couture On His Son Following In His Footsteps
- Series Of Interesting Messages From Jason "Mayhem" Miller Posted On Twitter
- XFC 20 Finalized With A Main Event Of Eric Reynolds Vs. Danny Salinas
- Dan Henderson Wants To Leave No Doubt By Winning All Five Rounds Or Knocking Jon Jones Out
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Many Fighters
- Tito Ortiz Says He Created UFC Light Heavyweight Division’s Weight Limit
- Video: Highlights From Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Title Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.