Nick Newell, who captured media attention by becoming the XFC lightweight champion recently, will likely be in attendance at XFC 22: Crossing the Line when Jason Hicks and Scott Holtzman square off. The winner of Hicks-Holtzman will earn a title shot against Newell.
Newell (9-0) defeated Eric Reynolds to win the title, improving to 9-0 in his career. Newell is missing part of his leg arm, including his hand and most of his forearm, but has earned six submission victories in his brief MMA career.
Hicks (5-0) earned a spot in the XFC by becoming the open tryout winner, while Holtzman (3-0) won the X-series tournament title. The card is scheduled to air on AXStv.
- Georges St-Pierre Not Thinking About Retirement At All Right Now
- TUF Winner Colton Smith Targets Potential Move To Lightweight
- Jamie Varner Disappointed He Didn't Get To Face Melvin Guillard This Weekend
- Daniel Cormier To Join Fuel TV Coverage For UFC 155
- Ryan Couture Wonders If The UFC Wants Him On Their Roster
- Andrei Arlovski Returns To Russia For The First Time In A Decade
- GSP Credits Benson Henderson With Blueprint To Defeating A Diaz Brother
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.