All seemed great for Nick Newell (9-0). He capped off the year by winning the XFC's lightweight championship and hoped it was enough that the UFC would take notice. UFC president Dana White is now familiar with Newell, but stated again this week that he doesn't see a contract being offered.
White's repeated denial is because Newell's left arm ends just past the elbow and he doesn't think Newell has a chance inside the Octagon or getting a license to fight due to this medical condition.
"If you have followed this sport, or know anything about it, you would be able to see that I'm amongst its elite," said Newell to TMZ. "Just because I'm not in the UFC doesn't mean I wouldn't beat most of the guys in there."
Of Newell's nine fights, he has ended all of them. Eight of those wins were stoppages in the first round and six came by submission.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I've won by arm bar, rear naked choke, guillotine, heel hook, TKO and knockout," said Newell. "In nine pro fights I have never been out struck."
Newell won the lightweight championship at XFC 21 on December 7 over Bellator veteran Eric Reynolds (16-6). It took Newell 82 seconds to win the title. His next fight is not known.
- Mark Munoz Involved In Car Accident, Appears To Have Avoided Any Serious Injuries
- Antonio Silva Only Fighting Junior Dos Santos If UFC Forces Him To
- Glover Teixeira Plans To KO Quinton Jackson Out Of The UFC
- Video: Backstage Access To UFC 155
- Jon Jones Responds To Dan Henderson: "Old Guy Got Jokes"
- Nate Marquardt Glad To Put Old Issues With Dana White Behind Him
- Pat Healy Frustrated With UFC’s Decision Making About Strikeforce Fighters
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.