Nick Newell Picks Up Big Victory at XFC 19
Nick Newell doesn't let a little thing like having one-arm keep him from his dream. Newell scored a first round knockout victory Friday night at XFC 19 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Newell, who was born with a condition called congenital amputation, delivered a nasty knee to David Mays to improve to 8-0 in his career.
"Not gonna lie, still fired up.....sleeping is hard," Newell posted on Twitter after the card. "I am loving all of the fan support. It makes all the sacrifices I make more worth it."
Check out the video below, courtesy of AXS TV:
- Dana White Details Rory MacDonald's Injury That Put Him Out Of BJ Penn Fight
- Prado Ready For Next Fight After Davis’ Poke To The Eye Stops His UFC Debut Early
- UFC President Feels MMA Qualifies As An Olympic Sport
- Dana White Talks The Possibility Of A One Handed Fighter Joining The UFC
- Dana White Ecstatic With All The Fights At UFC On FOX 4
- Rua Okay With No Championship Shot For His Next Fight
- Lauzon Avoids Varner’s Overhand Right To Secure Submission Victory
- The Dragon Is Back As Machida Earns Championship Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.