Nick Diaz may still be on the ropes as far as a return to the Octagon is concerned, but the Stockton fighter will return to action later this year. Diaz has been announced as a competitor at the World Jiu-Jitsu Expo, set for May 12 from Long Beach, California.
Diaz will face Braulio Estima according to a report by MMAFighting.com. Diaz is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Cesar Gracie, but has not competed in a BJJ event in a few years.
Estima has won several Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournaments over the years, most recently topping Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza at the 2011 Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling Championship. He is expected to make his MMA debut later this year.
- Diego Nunes Sees Siver Fight As "Strength Vs. Speed"
- Mayhem Miller Still Going After Chael Sonnen On Twitter
- Video: Evidence Of Georges St-Pierre's Ongoing Recovery
- Bas Rutten And JDS Comment On Overeem Possibly Keeping UFC 146 Spot
- Rolles Gracie Next For Fedor?
- Jon Jones Clears The Air Regarding Statement Made On "UFC Ultimate Insider"
- "Bellator 70" Official For May 25; Will Feature Konrad Vs. Prindle, Middleweight Finals
- Video: Kenny Florian Goes Off On Fighters Who Use PEDs
- Super Fight League Announces Bobby Lashley Vs. James Thompson For May
- Reminder: Jones And Evans To Appear On "UFC Ultimate Insider" Tonight
- CSAC Amendment Would Allow TUEs For Marijuana And TRT
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.