Cesar Gracie, the trainer and manager for Nick Diaz, believes his fighter should be allowed to compete in other parts of the country. Diaz was suspended for a year by the Nevada Athletic Commission after a failed drug test earlier this year, and will not be able to compete again in the state until next February.
Gracie cited numerous other instances where fighters took bouts in other states or countries after being suspended by certain commissions. Gracie discussed this with Mauro Ranallo on The Score recently.
"We want to sort out this whole situation with Nick and get him a fight overseas like other fighters have been afforded that chance," Gracie said. "(UFC president) Dana (White) has said in the past the NSAC is the worst commission, so we want him to put his money where his mouth is and free Nick Diaz."
Gracie continued to discuss instances where Diaz has felt that people treat him different, adding, "I'm gonna ask Dana White why other guys get to do it but why it's always a different rule for Nick. It doesn't make any sense."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Diaz lost a bout to Carlos Condit for the interim UFC welterweight title. Last week, Gracie posted an announcement which seemed to state that Diaz was ending his retirement and would be willing to face UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, even if it isn't for the belt.
Gracie said he is set to meet with White on August 6 to work on a new contract for Diaz. From there, we will likely find out what is in the fighting future for Diaz.
- Dan Henderson Plans To Put Jon Jones On His Back
- Francis Carmont To Put Perfect UFC Record On Line Vs. Tom Lawlor At UFC 154
- Add Gabriel Gonzaga To Ever-Growing UFC 153 Card In Brazil
- John Alessio Cut From The UFC
- Rick Story-Demian Maia On Target For UFC 153
- Corey Hill Vs. Mike Bronzoulis Headlines XFC 19 This Friday
- Numbers Come In For UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Cesar Gracie Hoping To Get Nick Diaz A Fight Overseas
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.