Out of all that Nick Diaz has done to disappoint or anger us in the past, his no-show at the World Jiu-Jitsu Expo over the weekend seems to have done the most damage to his reputation. This could be in large part due to the fact that proceeds from his scheduled superfight with Braulio Estima had been promised to the St. Jude's Children's Hospital.
Though it doesn't get fans their $9.95 back from the online pay-per-view, Diaz softens the blow some by making a donation to St. Jude's in the agreed-upon amount out of his own pocket. MiddleEasy's Layzie the Savage revealed the news via Twitter over the weekend:
Nick Diaz will be paying the promised donation to St. Judes fund out of pocket
What's your take fight fans? Does this save Diaz's image or is the damage already done? Sound off in the comments section.
- "UFC On FUEL TV 3: Korean Zombie Vs. Poirier" Live Coverage And Results
- Bellator 70 Lineup Finalized, Features Heavyweight Title Fight
- Date Switch For Jon Fitch Vs. Aaron Simpson Bout
- Ross Pearson, George Sotiropoulos Leading Choices For "TUF: The Smashes"
- Cesar Gracie, Manager For Nick Diaz, Goes Into Great Detail To Explain Missed Appearance
- Stephan Bonnar Going Hard For Spot On "TUF" Opposite Forrest Griffin
- Former 'TUF' Winner James Wilks Retires From MMA
- Phil Davis, Chad Griggs Addded To 'UFC On FOX 4' Event
- Video: Dana White Discusses "UFC On FUEL TV 3," Ratings In Latest Blog
- Judge Denies Injunction Request By Nick Diaz's Camp
- Hendo On Jon Jones: "Anybody Can Be Hit"
- Nick Diaz To Cover Charity Donation Out Of Pocket
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.