A pair of interesting tidbits came about from the Nick Diaz lawsuit planned against the Nevada State Athletic Commission. First, there is the suit itself, which Diaz is planning to go through with. Second, it appears Diaz is ready to return to the Octagon and face Carlos Condit as soon as possible.
As MMAFighting.com reported, Diaz has went ahead with a lawsuit against NSAC because they did not give him a hearing within 45 days of a suspension issued for a failed drug test. Diaz failed the post-fight drug test from his match with Condit due to traces of marijuana in his system.
Diaz and his lawyer claim the entire case should be dismissed and there should be no suspension for Diaz because he was not granted a hearing.
In the letters, Diaz also adds that on February 7 he was granted a rematch with Condit by UFC president Dana White. The failed test and likely suspension, though, made the bout impossible. He says, "I would be prepared to compete against Mr. Condit or against any other opponent deemed suitable immediately (if the suspension is set aside)."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Dana White Promises Changes On Upcoming Seasons Of The Ultimate Fighter
- "Invicta FC 1" Results: Marloes Coenen Secures Main Event Victory
- Yushin Okami Vs. Luiz Cane On For UFC 150
- Video: Josh Barnett, "I Am A Fighter"
- Wanderlei Silva Prods "A** Face" Chael Sonnen
- Jon Jones Considerable Favorite Over Dan Henderson
- Video: How Mayhem Miller And Mark Muñoz Came To Train Together
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch For UFC Featherweight Title At "UFC 149"
- Hector Lombard Wastes No Time In Calling Out UFC Middleweight Champ Anderson Silva
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Episode Eight Recap
- Reminder: "TUF: Live" Episode 8 Coverage Tonight
- Henderson Vs. Edgar 2 Likely For UFC 150
- Tune In To Rebellion Radio Again This Sunday
- Dennis Hallman Vs. Thiago Tavares Set For UFC 150
- Video: Chris Lytle For Indiana State Senate
- Anderson Silva Reportedly Very Reluctant To Fight Sonnen In Vegas
- Anthony Njokuani Vs. Paul Taylor On Deck For UFC On FUEL 4
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.