A few months back, when talk of Silva taking on Georges St-Pierre started to gain steam, Diaz had his name thrown out there as a potential opponent for "The Spider." UFC president Dana White said there was no chance of the fight going down, but that hasn't stopped Gracie from continuing the push.
Diaz announced his retirement after falling to Carlos Condit in a bout for the interim UFC welterweight title. He was suspended after traces of marijuana were found in his system during the post-fight drug test. Gracie has said Diaz would return as soon as the suspension was lifted - they have been fighting in in court - or it runs out.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.