In what may likely be Nick Diaz's (26-8-1 NC) last chance for his current suspension to be overturned, a Nevada judge has denied his request.
The yearlong suspension and fine remains in effect, meaning that Diaz can reapply for a fighter's license on February 4. Diaz was penalized by the NSAC after he tested positive for marijuana for the second time following his UFC 143 loss to Carlos Condit (26-8-1 NC).
Diaz's lawyer argued that his client had a California medical marijuana license and the NSAC violated his rights when they suspended him, however a judge threw the case out on Friday.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Georges St-Pierre Not Thinking About Retirement At All Right Now
- TUF Winner Colton Smith Targets Potential Move To Lightweight
- Jamie Varner Disappointed He Didn't Get To Face Melvin Guillard This Weekend
- Daniel Cormier To Join Fuel TV Coverage For UFC 155
- Ryan Couture Wonders If The UFC Wants Him On Their Roster
- Andrei Arlovski Returns To Russia For The First Time In A Decade
- GSP Credits Benson Henderson With Blueprint To Defeating A Diaz Brother
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.