When Nate Diaz (16-7) cashes in his No. 1 contender card against lightweight champion Benson Henderson (17-2), it won't be just about the gold. Diaz is also fighting to provide to those who he's trained with in the past as a way to give back.
"This is the one that puts a lot on my camp and my boys," said Diaz to MMA Heat. "I got broke training partners, broke friends that fight. I'm just trying to help them get their money because they got talent. They just need a little push and even with my No. 1 contender it isn't helping."
Henderson enters the fight undefeated in his UFC career with five wins. The previous two victories were against former title holder Frankie Edgar (14-3-1). Diaz is coming off a second round submission win that was also a title eliminator bout in February with Jim Miller (21-4).
Henderson vs. Diaz will main event UFC on FOX 6 this Saturday, December 8. They are fighting out of the KeyArena in Seattle, Washington with the main card starting at 8 p.m. Eastern Time.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.