Former Strikeforce champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal is still serving a suspension for a failed drug test. However, since signing with Bellator, Lawal has already set some pretty high goals for himself.
"I'm gonna have three belts; the TNA belt, the (Bellator) heavyweight belt and the (Bellator) light heavyweight belt," said Lawal, during a recent appearance on MMAjunkie.com Radio. "I ain't waiting for nothing. I'm trying to make stuff happen."
Lawal signed a deal with Bellator earlier this year that will allow him to appear in the professional wrestling promotion, TNA. Both are shown on Spike TV-owned networks, making it easy for him to do both sports.
Lawal also mentioned forming a pro wrestling tag team with former rival Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. He said the two have overcome their issues, adding, "we're done with the beef."
"I feel like I'm the MMA Harriet Tubman in a sense," Lawal said. "I can branch out and do my own thing and be happy. I ain't got to worry about somebody getting mad because I'm doing something."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Planned For "UFC 153" In Rio
- Maruicio “Shogun” Rua Describes Glover Teixeira Situation In His Own Words
- Showtime GM Says UFC Programming On Their Channel A Possibility
- Rich Franklin Hoping For One Final Title Run In The UFC
- Retirement The Right Call, Says Fedor Emelianenko
- Fired Up Anderson Silva Goes Medieval, Says He'll Break "Criminal" Sonnen's Limbs
- Dana White Critical Of Performances By "TUF: Brazil" Fighters At "UFC 147"
- Wanderlei Silva Will Have To Wait Longer For Rematch With Vitor Belfort
- Date For Junior Dos Santos Vs. Cain Velasquez II Unknown