The pre-hype Countdown show for UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II premiered this week on FUEL TV.
In the main event of this Saturday's card, Rich Franklin steps in for Vitor Belfort to meet Wanderlei Silva. Belfort and Silva were coaches on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil, but Belfort suffered a hand injury in training and was forced to pull out.
Franklin, a former UFC champion, was set to face Cung Le later this year, but decided to take the fight with Silva at a catchweight of 190 pounds, instead. "Ace" is 28-6 in his career and 13-5 in the UFC.
Silva (21-9) has gone 10-5 in his UFC career, including a victory over Le last year.
You can watch the Countdown special below:
- Ronda Rousey Proclaims “Women Will Be In The UFC”
- Fedor Not Sure If He's Changed As A Fighter, Remains Noncommittal About Retirement
- Video: UFC 148 - Believe Your Eyes Promo
- Dan Hardy Vs. Amir Sadollah Likely For UFC On Fuel TV 5
- Mike Russow: A Win Over Werdum Would Be Huge
- Regardless Of Weight Class, Frankie Edgar Comes To Scrap Hard
- Steven Seagal On Anderson Silva At UFC 148: “My Guy’s Going To Win Handily This Time”
- UFC 147 Conference Call Notes And Quotes
- Rich Franklin Wants To Be Back In Title Picture With Win Over Wanderlei Silva
- Fabricio Werdum Credits Junior Dos Santos With His Recent Success