Mirko Cro Cop may have announced his retirement from the UFC, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to compete in MMA again. Cro Cop recently informed USA Today that he is back training for his return to fighting.
"Concerning my retirement from the UFC, I said it was my last fight for the UFC and last fight on the present contract, but I did not say I won't keep fighting," Cro Cop said. "I never said that. I think the best thing to say is that I was born to fight."
The 37-year-old Croatian had surgery to repair injuries to torn muscles and tendons in his arm. He said that, "I feel like a little kid. I'm so happy. I'm training every day."
Currently, Cro Cop is signed with K-1. He is set to appear in an upcoming tournament in Tokyo this October. Overall, he is 27-10-2 in MMA and 2-0 in kickboxing matches.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Dana White Feels Like Ronda Rousey Could Break Octagon Barrier
- Cheick Kongo Would Welcome Fight With Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Fighter Salaries Released
- Chael Sonnen Makes Reference To Next Fight, But Doesn't Name Names
- WWE Superstar CM Punk Unimpressed With Jon Jones' Nike Deal
- Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard Are Friends Until Their Fight Starts
- GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Want Bout With Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline.