Mike Swick made his return to the UFC a triumphant one Saturday night, delivering a vicious knockout of DaMarques Johnson at UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera. Swick had been out of action for over two years.
"Hey guys, remember me? Cause I remember all of you" Swick said. "Thanks to the UFC for supporting me, and all of you for the support."
Swick looked ready to finish Johnson in the first, but Johnson battled back and used his quick submissions to possibly steal the round. In the second, however, Swick made sure there would be no stealing of anything by Johnson.
After catching a leg kick by Johnson, Swick (15-4) unloaded with a huge right hand that knocked Johnson out. He added three more blows after that only caused insult to injury.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I wanted to get a knockout," Swick said. "He hit a lot harder than I thought. I couldn't see (out of my right eye)."
Johnson is now 16-11 in his career, and has lost two straight. Swick is 10-3 in his UFC career, with seven stoppage victories.
- Dana White Details Rory MacDonald's Injury That Put Him Out Of BJ Penn Fight
- Prado Ready For Next Fight After Davis’ Poke To The Eye Stops His UFC Debut Early
- UFC President Feels MMA Qualifies As An Olympic Sport
- Dana White Talks The Possibility Of A One Handed Fighter Joining The UFC
- Dana White Ecstatic With All The Fights At UFC On FOX 4
- Rua Okay With No Championship Shot For His Next Fight
- Lauzon Avoids Varner’s Overhand Right To Secure Submission Victory
- The Dragon Is Back As Machida Earns Championship Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.