Mike Swick finally returned to the Octagon earlier this year, defeating DaMarques Johnson. The win, which came by way of knockout, was the first for "Quick" since 2009.
Swick (15-4) recently signed a new four-fight contract with the UFC, according to his Facebook page. No timetable has been set for his return to action.
"Last thing I did before leaving for Philippines... Signed new 4 fight deal with (UFC)!" Swick wrote. "Fight news coming soon! ;)"
Swick has competed for the UFC since 2005, winning his first five fights in the promotion. He was defeated by Yushin Okami in 2007, but reeled off four consecutive victories before back-to-back losses to Dan Hardy and Paulo Thiago.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Along with the two losses, Swick had to battle back from a misdiagnosed stomach disease and a knee injury suffered in training.
- Tim Means-Abel Trujillo, Daron Cruickshank-Henry Martinez Moved To UFC On Fox 5
- Chael Sonnen Says Vitor Belfort "Never Shows Up," Will Pull Out Of Jon Jones Fight
- Mike Swick-Matt Brown To Square Off At UFC On Fox 5
- Heavyweights Brendan Schaub, Lavar Johnson Headed For Seattle
- Bellator Returns To Ohio, Two Names Confirmed
- Jon Jones Responds To News Dan Henderson Was Injured Three Weeks Prior To Cancelling Fight
- Dan Henderson Targets Year-End Show For Return To Action
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.