Former Strikeforce women's champion Miesha Tate has yet to be formally announced as a UFC fighter, but "Cupcake" believes it's only a matter of time. Late Thursday night, word broke that Ronda Rousey had signed with the UFC, and that the promotion was creating a 135-pound female division.
So Stoked to be fighting for the @ufc it's been a dream of mine for along time! SO happy it's finally come true :-D
Tate responded to a question concerning a "formal announcement" of her signing by writing, "there's no announcement just pure excitement!! It's exciting for women to be in the UFC a time to celebrate! I'm very happy!"
Tate lost the title to Rousey earlier this year, but initial reports named her, Cris Cyborg and Sara McMann as possible opponents for the first female fight in the Octagon.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Challenge Placed Against David Batista
- Details Emerge On DREAM-GLORY Event
- Frankie Edgar On Aldo: "I'm Going To Have To Push Him And Test His Mettle"
- Bellator Removes Dan McGuane From Card Due To Manslaughter Arrest
- Fabricio Werdum Excited To Avenge Previous Loss To "Minotauro" Nogueira
- Miesha Tate: Don’t Give Ronda Rousey All The Credit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.