Bisping tweeted, "Slash!! Head butt from yesterday's training, 6 stitches, no big deal, still 8 weeks out."
The news of Bisping's cut left those wondering if the trend of fighters pulling out of upcoming fights would continue. In the last 10 days, Josh Koscheck (17-6) and Rory MacDonald (13-11) were forced to pullout due to injury.
Bisping is coming off a No. 1 contender middleweight championship loss against Chael Sonnen (27-12-1) and Stann from a KO victory against Alessio Sakara (15-9-1 NC). Prior to the fight with Sakara, Stann also lost to Sonnen.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Bisping vs. Stann is set for September 22 in Toronto, with the winner possibly next to challenge Anderson Silva (32-4) for his middleweight championship.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline