Michael Bisping was a featured guest on MMA Uncensored Live Thursday night on Spike TV, and as usual, "The Count" had some very interesting comments. Bisping is currently set to face Vitor Belfort in January at UFC On FX: Belfort Vs. Bisping from Brazil.
While Bisping has been pushing for the bout with Belfort to become an interim UFC middleweight championship encounter if Anderson Silva doesn't plan on fighting in the near future, the brash Brit went ahead and also crowned himself the Strikeforce middleweight champion. That belt is held by Luke Rockhold, who Bisping was unimpressed with during a sparring session.
"I've sparred with Luke Rockhold recently and let's just say I'm the unofficial Strikeforce champion. Sorry Luke, these are the facts," Bisping said.
Bisping added that he feels as though both Rockhold and Lorenz Larkin - who was scheduled to face Rockhold in January - will likely enter the UFC, but that they both need to "earn your place" in the UFC pecking order.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Phil Davis Knows To Never Count Forrest Griffin Out
- BAMMA 11 Results: UFC Vet Xavier Foupa-Pokam Stuns Jack Marshman
- Video: Dana White Appears On Fox's NFL Pregame Show
- Brendan Schaub Discusses His Relationship With NFL Star Tim Tebow
- Jon Jones Has No Plans To Ever Reconcile With Rashad Evans
- Dan McGuane: Bellator Officials Knew Of My Past Manslaughter Charges
- Josh Thomson Hopes For A Spot On Strikeforce’s Last Card
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.