"It's well documented, rightly or wrongly, that Vitor gasses quickly," said Bisping to MMA Fighting. "He does slow down after the first round. Obviously, early for me is going to be the most dangerous. The longer the fight goes, he'll start turning into a walking punching bag."
Belfort is 3-2 since returning to the UFC, with his two losses occurring in championship bouts. With the exception of his last fight against UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, all of his fights since his return have ended within the first round.
Bisping looks for his second win in a row since he lost a title eliminator bout early this year. Both men are currently competing for a chance to climb the middleweight ladder. The current champion Anderson Silva (33-4) has no new challenger to date.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Due to Belfort's early knockout ability, Bisping knows the first round can dictate the fight.
"He's going to come out hard and fast, and he will be dangerous," said Bisping. "He's a big middleweight. He's been a heavyweight [tournament] champion and was a light heavyweight champion back in the day. But these are the kind of fights I'm going to take if I want to back up my talking."
UFC on FX 7. Bisping vs. Belfort will headline UFC on FX 7 on January 19th from Brazil.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Roy Nelson Not Surprised Shane Carwin Pulled From The Fight
- Gray Maynard Sees A Title Soon Changing Hands
- Mark Muñoz's Prediction On Potential GSP - Anderson Silva Superfight
- Abel Trujillo: My UFC Debut Won’t Go To Decision
- Mike Easton: Renan Barao Can't "Babysit" The Belt
- Josh Barnett Not Sure If The UFC Wants Him
- Legacy FC 16 Card Made Official
- Featherweight Champion Crowned At RFA 5
- Dan Henderson Not At 100 Percent
- Cain Velasquez Hungry For Gold
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.