Bisping, who was dealt a razor-close decision loss to Chael Sonnen earlier this year, told ESPN in a recent interview that the UFC has told him with a win, he'll become the No. 1 contender. That would likely be news to the likes of Chris Weidman, Vitor Belfort and Hector Lombard, who all fancy themselves as future contenders.
"I've been told if I beat him - and beat him well - I'll get a title shot," Bisping said. "But I haven't gotten it in writing, so it probably doesn't mean anything."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.