If UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva wants to spend some extra time off, Michael Bisping believes the UFC should create an interim title. "The Count" is set to face Vitor Belfort in January at UFC On FX: Belfort Vs. Bisping from Brazil.
@danawhite if Anderson wants to take time off to be a movie star make me and vitor for the interim title????
Silva has discussed recently plans to take an extended break from competing. He last defended the belt earlier this year, stopping Chael Sonnen. Rumors of a potential Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre super-fight would also leave the title undefended for several months.
The UFC has not made a habit out of creating interim titles unless a champion is injured. UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre both have went down with knee injuries, and interim titles were created and won. Neither belt, however, has yet to be defended by the winner.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Michael Bisping: If Anderson Silva Wants Time Off, Make Interim Title
- Ratings Hold Strong For Latest Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter
- UFC Goes With Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami For Final UFC 155 Main Card Bout
- Tyrone Spong Grades His MMA Debut From The WSOF
- Date Announced For Bellator Season 7 Featherweight Finals
- UFC 157 Targeted For February 23, Anaheim, California
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Lacks Communication
- Anderson Silva: No Plans To Enter Octagon, Challenge GSP At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.