Well, Michael Bisping has set himself up much like he did against Dan Henderson a few years ago. Making an appearance on the FUEL TV post-fight show for UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II, "The Count" said he could do much better against UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva than Chael Sonnen did this past Saturday night.
"I won't get knocked out in the second round like Chael Sonnen did. That's a fact," Bisping said. "For me, personally, for my mind and soul, I want to fight (Silva) just to know how I would do. I think I can do better than Chael Sonnen did. In fact, I know I can do better than what Chael Sonnen did."
Sonnen, of course, took Silva to the fifth round back in 2010 and was leading on the scorecards before "The Spider" locked in a submission. Sonnen also defeated Bisping in what many viewed as a very close decision earlier this year.
Bisping is on the mend from surgery, and expects to return to action later this year.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Mark Munoz Will Call For Shot At Anderson Silva With Win Over Chris Weidman
- Coach For Chael Sonnen Will Not Appeal Loss, Wants Fans To Push For Third Match
- Chael Sonnen Headed To The Back Of Middleweight Line
- UFC 148 Medical Suspensions For Several Fighters Including Sonnen, Griffin
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To Face Glover Teixeira At UFC 153
- Russia The Next Target For The UFC's Global Conquest
- Forrest Griffin Tops UFC 148 Salaries
- Dana White Not Too Happy With Griffin's Antics At UFC 148
- Trainer Believes Chael Sonnen Has Fought His Last Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.